Tuesday, August 17, 2010

PST is over

Well, the time has finally come and PST is over.  Tomorrow (fingers crossed) I will be sworn in as an official volunteer with Peace Corps Moldova.  I am tired, hot, and ready for break but it was all worth it.  Today we did our last PST interviews, in which we sit with several very important people in the PC and talk about how we have been, any suggestions we have, and generally how we thought the whole process went.  I have to say that I feel very lucky to be working the Peace Corps here in Moldova because everyone has been generally wonderful.  My project director is the sweetest, best dressed, best informed, caring, smartest woman I have ever met.  When we did a presentation about the English Education group we introduced her as the best dressed woman you will ever see.  And it is certainly true. :)  In addition to that we have a great country director who absolutely loves the Peace Corps.  

PST was exhausting and very structured.  But looking back, of course in a short sited way because it just ended, it was good in a way.  We were kept busy, mostly out of trouble and given the tools (as we shall see in the next 2 years) to help us with life here in Moldova.  I know that I am starting to sound a little bit like an infomercial for PC but the organization is part of the reason I was so interested in becoming a volunteer.  It is also reassuring to know that some of the glow hasn't worn off.  The support is there so that with a little work on my part it is a great experience.  

Today is my last full day in my PST site and then I am off to my permanent site!!  Exciting, yes?  I have some more packing to do and of course re-packing to do because I magically have more things then I came with. :)  Mostly it is books provided by PC for English teaching but I have also managed to collect a few other things as well all on my own.  I am starting to dread the thought of packing at the end of two years.  It may seem far away but this is a good indicator that I will have a lot of sorting and generally cleaning to do at the end of it all.  I am excited to meet my new host family (there was a switch in host families so I haven't met this one yet) and get started on school and all that.  

I hope that all my friends and family are doing well!  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment