Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting close to the end of the beginning

I may be too fond of funny sounding post titles, for example of end of the beginning, and earlier half-way there to there, or something like that.  I hope that it does not get annoying for anyone who is taking the time and effort to read my blogs.  But it is true this next week will be week 9 of our 10 week pre-service training and then I will be leaving my PST host-family and site to go to my permanent site.  PST has been a mixture of fun, work, exhaustion, and of course heat.  I will be saving a summing up blog for week 10 but as I get closer to then end of PST I am starting to get a little bit more reflective of how my time has been here in Moldova.  

At the moment I am taking a well deserved break from lesson planning and material making to write to friends and family about how my week has been so far.  A friend has some classical music on and the room I am sitting in is sun dappled with a slight breeze to cool me off.  It is a wonderful moment.  The kind where you realize how good life really is or how there is always something that can make your day seem better.  

Today was also the last day that our research teachers are here to help us and observe us as we teach.  It is interesting how it seems like you have been around a person for months only to realize that they were only with you for 2 weeks.  I will miss talking with my research teacher and hearing about her interesting life.  I enjoyed just talking with her the most.  She had some very interesting stories, many which surprised me.  Also, today the COD trainees and ARBD trainees left to go to the swearing in ceremony and then from there on to their permanent sites.  So now the Russian trainees are done to 4.  Sigh.  I will miss them too.  One of them was my next door neighbor so we got to talk a lot and walk to school together as well.

One more week of practice school and then I get a break!!  I am looking forward to a change of pace and to swearing in.  I hope that everyone is doing great where ever the are.  

1 comment:

  1. carolina..great to hear you are well and enjoying life in moldova... we are having 90F, sunny and smoky today...lovely summer in fairbanks..miss you a lot..saw skip at airport..looking very protective in his gear!we love you lots and think of you often...
    peace
    nansi

    ReplyDelete